Saturday, January 3, 2009

"you're my friend!"

Today I took the kids to the park for a picnic. We lost some food to the force of the wind, but the kids survived with pickles.

They seemed to have a lot of fun building sand-couches and sand-barriers on the slide, breaking each other's creations and generally doing kid things.

Josiah and Josh got on the swings while I pushed. (Sorry for the fuzzy pics, these are from my phone). Josiah told me, "Higher, higher!" Josh told me, "You are such a good friend to me!" as I pushed him. "I am?" I asked. "Yes, you're a grown-up!" "I'm still your sister, too," I told him. "You are? But you're a grown-up!" He seemed amazed by this. "Of course I am," I laughed, "silly."

"A grown-up is my sister!" he announced to anyone who might want to listen, obviously thinking that was pretty neat.

A few minutes later we went to the baseball field (seen in the background of the pic above), sans ball. But we played baseball; we had teams and ran around the field and hit imaginary balls with imaginary gloves. Even Josiah got into it. Probably one of the more amusing antics kids can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP