Tuesday, May 12, 2009

this is a day made of win

First, I woke up. Huge plus, that.

I'm sure I did a lot of important (not) stuff during the day, but the very much exciting stuff happened at night. I decoded .flac files for my not-arrived-yet mp3 player, and then bought (bought!!) a CD by Joby Talbot. And then I didn't buy another CD by the same composer.

Next, I guided a certain person through the complicated download process of a CD that I also tracked down. It was an arduous process. We battled dangers and viruses without ever having to leave our chairs.

Sometime before that, I cut out random rectangles of fabric in hopes that they would magically turn themselves into a dress. When that didn't happen, I incorrectly measured and cut out a random triangle-ish piece of green and ladybug-spotted material, and I'm still unsure as to what to do with it. Maybe Nothing.

Throughout the weekend and today especially I have been greatly encouraged by a friend, which further adds to the win-ness that is Today.

ALSO! Remember that non-thing I was making? The little things in the red pot is it. The picture gives it no justice.


Next post will have a really quick how-to, for no other reason than I want to. Look how cute my siblings are... aww....

Anyway. Today is made of win. I knew I loved Mondays for a good reason.

2 comments:

quact said...

a day made of win :D.

http://www.storyconnection.net/?content=cobbler
a story to inspire you in a more suitable methodology for magically creating dresses.

tiph said...

Are you saying I should go around making shoes (so someone else can make the dress for me), or I should find myself some elves to make dresses for me? =o

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP