Tuesday, July 7, 2009

i name a lot of things, actually

So, very important things are happening, or have happened. A bunch of random (though seemingly important) celebrities died. Independence Day was last Saturday. There are probably other important and interesting (coughNOTcough) current events that are, well current, but this blog is not about current events or dead celebrities.

This is about important things, like I got a camera this weekend. I did.
Her name is Jem (I name things; got a problem with that?).

Jem, the Camera
(This is the only way I could keep most of myself out of the picture.)
Do you know what this means? This means that except for when I'm feeling especially lazy, I can post all my own pictures! Aren't you all thrilled (*nodnod*)! At least pretend.

And while we're on the topic of things that I name, and since this name rhymes, allow me introduce you to my kitten, Nem!

Nem, the Kitten
She's not normally allowed inside, but I sneaked her in. Sh. Don't tell.

I brushed off my paints and brushes and started painting again as well. A sunset to begin with, but I can't stay away from surrealism for long.

Sunset
Two Worlds
Don't ask me what that means. I don't know. I think that's the point.

One last thing: Go watch the Bing commercials. They're so amazingly awesome, you will be reciting various phrases from them at random. MAN-EATING SHARK. This raises disturbing questions for me, however. I do not approve of Bing. They are not Google. They are enemies of Google. Therefore, they are my enemy. But they have awesome commercials. This presents a conflict of interests for me. Why doesn't Google have awesome commercials? *sniff* Maybe because Google is so intrinsically awesome, they don't need commercials.
I can deal with that.

6 comments:

TheZarbod said...

Ohh Pretty!

Jessica NicDhòmhnaill said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does that sound like I'm excited? *grin*) Cameras are awesome. And Canons are especially so.

You painted those?? They're incredible/amazing/gorgeous! I want one! :D You're seriously talented, Tiph.

Love, Jess

tiph said...

Thanks to both of you!
That's sweet of you, Jess. :) I'll have to make you something. :D When's your birthday?

Josh Blackwood said...

Wow, nice Canon DSLR! What model is that? Rebel XTi maybe?

Also, freaking awesome paintings! The second one is priceless; half comedic, half symbolic. I love them! Keep it up! *wink*

Josh

James said...

Oh er, work on better focus and sharper images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3-FWfwk
Good grip, but won't allow you to get that stunning first photo ;)

brendanobrien said...

Your paintings are beautiful. You are extremely talented, Tiph.

And does your comment with regard to your new camera mean that you don't ever take pictures of yourself, or that you don't ever appear in pictures?

I know that there are many examples to the contrary, but I always find it strange when people who love photography make the choice to not have their own pics taken...

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP