Tuesday, August 4, 2009

you shall not pass

Today, I faced a great and grave danger. Only a few hours ago, I stood at the gates of horrors and laughed. At least I think I did. I'm pretty sure I laughed at least one time during the ordeal.

(Commercial Break)

Anyway, so I went to the craft/hobby store today. I had a reason. I promise, I did. I was out of 3x5 canvases and I've found they're my favorite. Anyway, that store is a giant TRAP for people like me. It's Ooh pretty paper, Wow that's a neat paintbrush, Whoa I need those stickers/paints/pencils/markers/chalks/etc. So usually I go in for one thing and come out with ten other things as well.

In my defense, it's a lot cheaper to buy art supplies than to go on a clothes-or-shoes shopping spree. So there.

I use the word So a lot.
SO ANYWAY (teehee), the awesome thing I brought home today is something I've been eyeing for a while....


India Ink!
Shown with a bamboo quill pen thingie.

There's some sort of special skill needed in order to work this thing. I bought brushes for them, but I'm afraid to try them right now. I might destroy something. Imagine an India ink-stained Tiph? It's permanent. It never goes away.

Lies.

Oh yeah, and the reason for the blog title? Every time I think of danger I think of the scene in Lord of the Rings in which Gandalf very authoritatively advises the monster that he shall not pass. I take a paragraph to say this because I have nothing else to say.

4 comments:

Jessica NicDhòmhnaill said...

India Ink????!!!! How cool is that??? Wow...I hope next time I see you you don't resemble a dalmatian. :D :D lol.

I will say I agree with you about the shoes/clothes vs. art supplies! Maybe I'll do art...

:)

tiph said...

I will try very hard not to be unevenly spotty! :D

Aw you so totally should! At least try different medias for a bit, see which you like best. :)

James said...

I take a paragraph to say this because I have nothing else to say :P

wow, I missed the commercial break the first reading!!

Texan91 said...

Yeah, not spotted unevenly...just a well thought out dalmatian.

Cool stuff. I'd like to do art. But I think I'd have no patience for my unskillful hand.

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP