Saturday, December 19, 2009

candles are hot, actually

I'm thinking I like the portrait orientation better than this landscape one, but I'm not going to remake it. As usual, click the collage for the full-sized photo album.

Hanukkah ended last night! After eight days of the Festival of Lights, full of feasts and gifting and children burning themselves (mildly) on the candles and generally being pyromaniacs, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that it's over. And now the family is back to its regularly scheduled programming, and I need to get the kids back on track with their Pre-Algebra. Oh, and write a new lesson plan for government.

In addition to that, I've started a British Literature class online - a three-week minimester. Last winter, I took American History 2 during the minimester, but it was an actual class that I attended from 8am to 12pm every single day for two and a half weeks. While it probably won't be as fun as the four-hour class (I will admit to reading two of the Hitchhiker's series during lectures...), I'm expecting it to be relatively easy, though intense. I can write literature essays with my eyes closed and both hands tied behind my back. And a voice-to-text translator.

1 comments:

Josh Blackwood said...

Your sibling are so irresistibly cute, Tiph. British Literature, eh? I wonder what authors they'll give you to read, and if P.G. Wodehouse will be one.

I sent you an email earlier in the month, but didn't get a reply . . . shoot me an email! I know I'm an ass and suck at replying to emails myself, but I want to talk to ya.

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP