Tuesday, January 5, 2010

cyclical obsessions!


My eyes are probably being ruined because I keep taking photos like this. It doesn't feel like my retinas are being seared, but then I stop taking photos and everything has green and purple dots. Not good.

I vaguely remember that I used to sew.
I haven't used my art desk in about a month.
Two unused canvases still sit in their packaging, and have been there for two months now.

All this to say that I do things in cycles, and apparently I don't have enough focus/talent to do more than one thing at a time. It's no surprise to me that I'm bad at multi-tasking (yeah, girls are supposed to be good at that, but girls are supposed to be a lot of things that I'm not), but I had never actually realized this. I wonder if, since I've noticed it, I can get around it.

I'm sorta in photography-obsession mode right now.

Today, we broke out our chopsticks and soy sauce and I made Thai meatballs with fried rice for lunch. It was really convenient for me, since we had white rice leftover from last night, and leftover ribs from Sunday that I shredded and threw in there. Not a fan of eggs, so those were skipped.

Oh and then I forgot to put a roast in the oven and had to order pizza. It was a total accident, really. And Domino's has the best pizza on the planet.

And back to the photography thing. I have a ton of extra photos I never upload because they aren't the best ones, or because I can't exactly have 2,751 photos of all the same thing up. So I'll probably be putting them here. Yay. :D
So long as no one minds that I'll be in them every once in a while.

Today's Flickr upload pretty much sums up my emotional state right now.

I am constantly amazed by the beauty of the sun, and then hours later, by the beauty from the lack thereof. God has made so much beauty.


P.S. I finished my final paper for British Literature, hoorah. :)

1 comments:

Leah said...

I love sunlight pictures too! I know what you mean about your eyes after looking...am in the process of responding to your email!!! I haven't forgotten!!! I just don't normally have tim for blogger AND email....

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP