Sunday, January 10, 2010

fan of double negatives

After only three days in the hospital, my brother Joshua is back home.
He has six small incisions, three on either side of his spine, where his kidneys were removed, and he has a catheter for dialysis on the left side of his neck.

But the kid is doing amazing!
Proof: His catheter (it's sorta like a permanent IV line) has two tube-y things that extend to just above his left ear.
Today, he comes up to me and says, "Hey Tiph, these things kinda look like little arrows, right?" And to go along with it (I guess they could, arrows without the feathers), I respond, "Yeah, okay."
"Okay, so like say I'm walking, and pretend like two arrows hit me, and it's like zoom, zoom, aahhhow, and then I go - " and he falls forward onto a nearby chair and stays limp for two seconds. He stands back up and continues, "And so people are like 'Oh man, he really died!' So then I stand back up and they're like, 'What? What's going on? Why are there arrows in his neck?' Haha. That'd be funny."
I tell him it would be funny, but I don't tell him that it's even funnier that he even thought that up. He's a goof.

random irrelevant firework photo, yay!

So, yesterday I was sick (and feverish and deathly ill), so I sat on the couch inside blankets pretty much all day. At one point, I played the Wii - all the non-motion ones. Some of the kids kept wanting me to play sword-fighting, but man, you could get your cardio exercise doing sword-fighting.

No more fever today, but I'm still all stuffed up and runny-nosed (I always fail to see how that's even possible, but it always is), and it's really annoying. I can't even put my contacts on yet.

So I missed Friday links (I actually thought today was Friday), and also Saturday photos, so we'll just say today is my vacation week because of all the stuff that's been going on. Now that I'm not sick... I want me some gingerbread cookies.

OH YEAH. I finished my Brit Lit class (and got a B), but not before not turning in my paper that took me hours to write, and not finishing the test because 1. I didn't realize it was a 3 hour test, and 2. my teacher did not inform me, as she did other students, that the deadline was extended seven hours. So the paper that was originally a 95/100, lost 20 points because it was two days late and so turned into a 75/100. But that's just 'cause I'm stupid sometimes. A B is still a good grade though. I'll live.

1 comments:

Leah said...

Hope you're well soon! Sleep always helps. :)

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP