Friday, January 1, 2010

hello new year


The new year sneaked up on me. I'm telling you, 2010 conspired with December to make the days go by so fast I wasn't able to prepare. I didn't even have a New Year's painting!!

Now it's well past midnight, and I wish I had the energy to go through my blog and link to all....
my interesting... posts...

HOW DID I MISS MY BLOG'S ANNIVERSARY??

I'm such a failure. Poor Sharpie Chronicles, one year old two days ago and not even a mention.
Okay, so that means that tomorrow's link post will have to be honorable mentions from my blog posts. Any suggestions will be considered.

But now let's talk about next year - ahem, I mean this year. Resolutions? I've never made any. That is, I make them, just not specifically for the new year. But some things I want to do this year:

  • Read 100 books.
  • Bake my way through every single cake in Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
  • Fill up a diary.
  • Read through the Bible.
  • Make a quilt.
  • Paint at least two paintings a month.
  • Fill up four sketchbooks/mixed media journals.
  • Begin and complete the 365 Days photo project. I'm a bit daunted by this one - 365 days is a long time. I'll probably be adding a sidebar addition to this blog of my Flickr photostream.
  • Start following my own creativity when it comes to art and photography, instead of trying (vainly) to copy others.
So that's that. I borrowed a book from the library called something like "Organizing Your Time," or something similar - I thought it was appropriate for the new year.

What are your 2010 resolutions?

All the best to you and yours for 2010 - here's to awesomeness!

1 comments:

James said...

My Dad's got a physical version of a book like this:
http://www.oneyearbibleonline.com/index.html

If you click through the dates, they give a few readings a day AND a few verses from Proverbs. Quite smart I thought.

I've never considered doing the 365 myself but perhaps I shall ;)

Happy New Year!!

My own aim is primarily to develop more of a productivity centred work ethic. And develop creativeness. And read lots of books (with a wide variety). Possibly get a few website ideas or information products developed.

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP