Thursday, March 11, 2010

breaking news: webcomic

This news is two-fold.

Let's do the bad news first? Yes.
After much consideration, thought, and cognition (the astute person will realize that I just said the same thing three times), I have realized that there is no way I will be able to create and sustain a webcomic for longer than, say, two days. And that's only if I do one every other day. With my daily photography project and responsibilities at home, not to mention that I'm more inclined to write in a blog than draw in a comic, there is just no way I can manage. Once I start school again (in the summer), blogging and my 365 will be jeopardized as it is.

So, no webcomic in the near future.
Weep if you must.
OR.

Good news! A silly comic I follow, Cowbirds in Love (has nothing to do with cowbirds and only a little to do with love), gave a call for reader submission comics. Me, being the friendly person I am, helped meet the need and drew a one-panel example of my ridiculousness. Go look at it. There are words to read too.

So, there you have it - and remember, you heard it from Sharpie Chronicles first!

Oh speaking of Sharpie Chronicles, I just realized that my site really needs some updating. Expect that tonight or tomorrow, as well as a new banner. Still thinking of a tagline, so if you have any ideas, tell me.
That's in bold because it's a command and not a suggestion.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cookies are yum?

James said...

No webcomic? You won't be able to stop yourself, I look forward to seeing a dozen ;)

Leah said...

Hahaha, I loved that comic on Cowbirds! 'Tis how I found you!

Robin Bastien said...

haha, loved it, especially me being a food-addict organic vegetarian!

Anonymous said...

Just thought of a better one, "The mad ramblings of a sane woman/girl" (whichever goes with it better)

Simile said...

I would suggest 'Some awe, some some' or 'Girl captures world, unfurls'
I don't know, maybe taglines without commas are better...
'There are pictures and then there are pictures'?

tiph said...

Thanks all of you!

James - mebbe. :)

Leah - oh, awesome!

Robin - Hehe, are your vitamins as happy as mine? :P

Anonymous and Simile - thanks for the ideas, I'll add them to the list. :D

Robin Bastien said...

Depends if you're a raw foodist or not ;)

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP