Wednesday, April 14, 2010

all text. this is a disgrace.

The past few days, I've just been really "out of it." Out of my routines, my usual doings and goings-on, and especially out of creativity. Or, at least, it comes and goes in spurts. About an hour ago, I had a blog post all planned out and ready to go in my head. Now? Now I can't remember most of what I was going to say.
Which is probably just as well, really (because sometimes I talk just a bit too much :D).

I've been biking. Three days last week, three days so far this week (I plan to go Friday as well). This morning I woke up at 6:45 to eat breakfast and do an early-morning ride, but that turned into just a morning ride that ended with me arriving back home at 9am. I was really having trouble 1) finding any food to eat, because at 7am my body is not even wanting to think about food, and 2) not being fully awake. I suppose that when I get used to it, it'll be easier.

It's nearing midnight and I'm ready to shut the computer down and get in bed (not sleep, mind you; I have a book to read!), so I'm going to take some notes on what I was going to say and leave you with a few things I've been thinking about lately.

I find that if I don't have a list of things I want to do, I'll do almost nothing. There will be times that I'll realize that I'm not doing very much and then do the first thing that comes to my head (laundry. mopping. making bread.), but at the end of the day, I can see that I was so much less productive. It's not even about prioritizing, it's just about doing. Does this ever happen to you?

Do you find it necessary to use lists in order to keep track of your day? If not, what other methods do you use to aid productivity?


I'm fully aware that some people have magic fairy dust and just throw that in the air to get the stuff they need done, but since I haven't seen Peter Pan in at least 3 years (I've been a grown-up for a long time, sad face), I'm going to have to say the chances of that are nil.

Lastly, and again I'm using you for creative idea harvesting, throw some ideas for a photography series at me. Think: the alphabet in a month type stuff.

Oh, and yeah. The banner. I know.

3 comments:

James said...

A ToDo list will only work for me if I give a priority to everything. If I don't, I take satisfaction from crossing off the things I've done which I enjoy doing, and the things I don't enjoy (but need done) just stay left undone.

If you give 5 stars to "make that phonecall" and only 3 stars to "cut down unread blogs in reader to 50", then when you opt for doing the second before the first then hopefully you will have pangs of conscience as you're freely doing what you know isn't most important.

I heard a short video recently where the Pastor suggested that often doing God's will is simply "do the first thing you know you should do, and then the next".

James said...

photog idea: get a tripod/flat base for your camera, and try experimenting with night time photography. Use a 2 second delay or so, so there's no camera shake from pressing the button.

tiph said...

Ah, that makes sense. I just go down the list and do everything - and as a matter of fact, the things that are left over at the end of the day are always the things I like doing - painting, sewing, etc.

You gave me an idea. :)

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP