Thursday, April 15, 2010

bears eat pigs (and other things)

So, let's begin.

Caleb turned 1 on April 5th, and we had a party for him today with a few baby friends.


He had cake:


And tried to blow out his birthday candle:

(sorry for the fuzziness; I had turned my camera onto manual focus by accident.)

Nom nom nom.

He got a farmyard set for his birthday, with a little cow and sheep and pig. Pair that with a plastic bear we already had and a growling Caleb, and you get this:

A bear eating a pig. Granted, I did show him how to do this first.

This next shot took probably ten minutes to get, because every time I managed to balance the Lego man on the bear's back, Caleb would grab him.


I just looked at my notes for blogging and realized that I need photos for most of these. I don't have said photos, so, that post has been postponed. Haha. Postponed. :D

In other news, the Congress plans to put all Tweets in existence into a Library of Congress archive. In the article, we read things about how it's for "history" and anthropology. That's all fine and good - I mean, 500 years from now someone's going to be laughing at your hideous lack of grammar and spelling while researching the sociology of the online world. But, uh, archiving tweets? Why? I fully admit to being rather distrusting of something like this. I don't tweet or use Twitter, but tons of people do. People post their locations and what they're doing and their thoughts and their frustrations (all conveniently time-stamped), and isn't that kind of a bad thing to have collected like that? Twitter search brings you tweets sorted by most recent - and that's hardly ever more than an hour or two. Last I checked, they had gotten rid of the "next page" thing and just had "older posts" buttons - not really archival.
Maybe I'm being paranoid. I'm not boycotting Twitter (it'd be fun, if I had a use for it), but I just don't like that.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks if nothing else tis a waste of our taxes...

And Caleb's face in the second pic is hilarious

poetic_capture said...

Very cute!! Love the last pic...I think it was worth the extra work to take. :0) What we photographers do to get a nice pic! Ha.

Yes, that *is disturbing-the government archiving people's tweets. I hadn't heard about that...very interesting.

tiph said...

Caleb's face is always hilarious. :D

Thanks Rebecca! Haha, indeed. ^__^

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP