Tuesday, April 27, 2010

mission accomplished.

Everything went pretty much according to plan. I had a notebook I took around with me and I wrote down what I was doing either as I switched tasks, or whenever I thought about it. Even though I didn't actually get out of bed until 9 (massive headache made me lie in an extra hour or so), the conscious writing down of what I was doing made me more mindful of my actions, and I accomplished pretty much everything I wanted to accomplish.

  • I spent about an hour and a half on laundry today.
  • I only spent - surprisingly - an hour online throughout the day, before 9pm.
  • It took me an entire hour to set up, shoot, reshoot, take down, and edit for my 365. I'm really very proud of today's photo, so I think it was worth it. It's really nice being able to look at my stream and actually like at least everything on the first page.
  • I read for a cumulative 30 minutes today. No wonder it's taking me over a week to finish this book.
Of course, I did other things, but detailing them here would be boring and tedious (and no one really cares, anyway [and if you do - well that's just weird]). Conclusion of the study - logging my activities is completely useful - maybe not for a daily-basis thing, but it seems to be a tool for those times when I'm feeling unproductive. A good reminder for me to be mindful of the present moment, too.

I need to be in bed twenty minutes ago.

More interesting posts to come later this week, I promise.

1 comments:

Anon said...

And where has tumblr gone?

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP