Wednesday, May 5, 2010

mexican party day

I woke up late this morning. At 6:45 I turned off an alarm (with math problems!) and went back to sleep. At 8:00 I turned off an alarm (without math problems) and went back to sleep. At 8:45 I tried to convince my mom (via text) that the reason why I wasn't awake yet was because I was actually dead. For whatever reason, she didn't believe me.

But that's okay, because it happens to be Cinco de Mayo today, the day when Mexico parties for no particular reason (except for the fact that they beat the French on this one random battle), and America - being America - tries to join the fiesta without being too much of a party crasher.

Little known fact about this blogger: I am half Mexican!
Actually, no: I'm half Hispanic, because my great-grandfather jumped on a boat in Spain and stowed away to America where he apparently found a Mexican wife and babies magically appeared. So, I have an excuse to actually decorate the house and make things.

Red white and green streamers - the colors of Mexico.
I also bought a paper lantern, but realized that it's more Japanese than Mexican and decided against putting it up. I so love paper lanterns.

I also put some outside, for my 365 shoot. Hoorah. I let my siblings rip it down violently.

Here's Beth, wearing her hippie band. She's an idea thief. ;)

I decided to make Horchata, a traditional Mexican sweet rice milk drink thing. I didn't realize that it was so simple (but it takes an hour or so to make). I'll definitely be making it again.


Aaaaannnd I think I killed another flower.


My cacti are alive and well, so I am determined to make this work.

Also today, I discovered that I don't have a pulse. My heart rate monitor works on my sister, but not me. I think I really am dead.


Yeah, he makes those faces a lot. :D

Happy Mexican Party Day, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP