Friday, June 4, 2010

pin it forward - what home means to me

A few weeks ago I signed myself up for a blogging round robin coordinated by Victoria of sfgirlbybay. The theme is fairly simple - what home means to me. I didn't give myself enough time to think it through well enough, but a complete edition of what home means to me would keep you scrolling down into infinity, and it changes constantly. So, some basics.

growing green things. because I like breathing oxygen, and there's nothing like eating the fruits of your labor.

tea. always tea.


fresh bread. I don't think there's anything more "home-like" than freshly baked bread. (I've got some rising as I type. :D)


love. this should probably be first, but I just loaded a bunch of images onto Blogger and I can't be bothered to reorganize them. anyway, strong love based on faith.


mini-cupcakes. there is nothing that cannot be solved by mini-cupcakes with sugar sprinkles on top.


an active family. not "so busy we don't know what to do with ourselves" or "i have no time for you" kind of active. the mindful, sharing kind of active.


adventuring. there's never "too little time" for adventure.


beautiful artwork everywhere. surrounding ourselves in beauty.


loving the outdoors. there's not really much to say about this one.


nighttime reading. a love of books is a good habit to have.


homemade and eco-friendly. whenever possible, as much as possible.


beauty and whimsy. everywhere, absolutely everywhere.


books, books, books. every kind, genre, color, shape, whatever. one can never have too many books.

So there you have it, the sweetened condensed version of what home means to me. Tomorrow, check out lovely bud's pin it forward with me (her blog is lovely, I'm looking forward to her post).

What does home mean to you?

(for credits for all of the above photos, visit my Pinterest board, what home means to me.)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you didnt take all these photos... Or do I deserve to get whacked now? *cringes slightly*

tiph said...

No, thanks for pointing that out - I completely forgot to put the credits at the bottom. :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I just figured some of them didnt quite fit ya.

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity though, which ones did you take?

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww i really love your pin it forward, especially the mini-cupcakes and beautiful artwork and beauty and whimsy pictures! i agree that what home means to me changes on a constant basis as well!

tiph said...

Thanks for visiting Sandy! Mini-cupcakes are truly the best. :D

Anonymous - try the link I added, it has the sources for each photo.

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP