Sunday, November 14, 2010

this post has pictures, isn't that novel?

I'm just going to stop announcing updates, because they never happen. Except for when they do, which is rare, so it's sorta a moot point, right?

It's hard for me to believe that I haven't really updated my Flickr since August. The beginning of August. This is largely due to this awesome thing called Studying, and Life In General. But either way, I really, really miss taking pictures. I really, really miss blogging. I really, really miss being able to sit at home and do nothing but drink tea and embroider tongue-in-cheek little thingies. And painting. And drawing in my sketchbook. I would say, "I know, I'll totally start doing all of those things," but I know that I won't. Do you know why I will not? Because right now, I have 60 Calculus 2 problems waiting for me in the folder next to my wrist. On Tuesday I have a humanities essay due. On Wednesday, a chemistry quiz. In a week, midterms; a week and a half after that, finals.

(most days, i just want to do this when i get home.)

Still, a girl has to have some down time, and I'm going to try to translate that into actual creativity and not just mindless web surfing as much as possible. Clicking the "Stumble!" button when tired is so much easier than thinking about what sort of monster would look cute as a project. I miss my monster projects.

I also miss trips to the park.


Now that the silly daylight savings has ruined the evening's light (why would I want the sun to come up before 7, anyway? Sheesh), making it anywhere while it's still daylight after I come home from school is nigh impossible. Once I get home, I want to eat, sleep, and be Mary*. With the sun setting at a whopping 5:27 (that was today's sunset, and it isn't getting any better), park evenings just aren't feasible.

(this is what i see all the time now. All. The. Time.)

Sadly, the semester is coming to a close within the next couple of weeks. Happily, the semester is coming to a close within the next couple of weeks. Scarily, I will have a month off and then an entire NEW semester and such to get used to. Change can be fun, but it can also be annoying. Once I've fallen into a routine, the year is like Hahahaha, time to do something different now!! Isn't that a funny trick?

No. No it is not.

See you guys around. I think.

*Yeah, I don't know either.

2 comments:

Jesse Noe Mendez said...

Hi there,

I was just blogger profiles and I found your site, I think your blog is interesting and I would like you to visit my blog. If you follow me I will follow you...

Jesse

James said...

ach, time flies by so fast. I do like the idea of uninstalling StumbleUpon and being creative instead, I encourage you in that ;)

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP