Wednesday, December 29, 2010

appreciate... games?

I haven't been around for a while. This is because 1) I've completed several video games in the past two weeks, and 2) we have a new addition to the family, a little brother named Jacob. Photos sure to come later, possibly even later tonight. But now is a Reverb10 post. I'll do these 'til I finish them (at least the ones I'm going to do, several of them I have kept my responses in my own personal journal).

Here we go.

Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

Hm. I think now is a good time to point out how difficult that is. A year is so long, and my priorities and perspectives have changed several times in that time period. I started out teaching, I'm not too sure what happened to my summer, and before fall had truly started, I was at university. Earlier this year, I most appreciated family. I connected with them and did everything with them, something I hadn't really done since I had started working and going to school at the end of 2007. (So long ago?! I'm so old!) Later, starting late summer and continuing on through the year, I find I appreciated solitude and silence most, something that's fairly hard to get around my house. And on campus. I show gratitude for that by staying up late, absorbing as much solitude and silence as I can manage before falling asleep. :D

And playing video games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP