Monday, December 20, 2010

make.

make.
what was the last thing you made? what materials did you use? is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

I like making things. I make things all the time; to ask "what was the last thing I made" is really super broad and vague. I made a quesadilla earlier this afternoon, I made my sister a cup of tea for her sore throat a few minutes ago. Last week I painted a version of my atom painting. I've been, in an ongoing sort of way, making a mess of my room for the past several weeks. As for the materials, most of those are pretty obvious - you don't need me to tell you that I used hot water and a tea bag for tea, do you?

There are a lot of things I want to make. I want to finish my quilt, for starters. I want to embroider a sequence, for the fun of it. I want to make a red dress. I want to make a mark on the world - but who has the time for bold endeavors and earth-shaking actions?
I also want to make a cake and some other decadent dessert. I'm pretty sure that an awesome cake could change the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

who i am!

Tiph used to be this weird hippie chick who sewed things and drank tea and rode bikes and wrote silly things. Then, college came along, and now she's this weird hippie chick with math in her brain and notebooks full of indefinite integrals. And hardly any time to write. This is her space. Thankfully, space is a vacuum and any complaints you may have cannot be heard.

Flickr

Woo! You reached the End of the Page! You rock. Bored yet? If not, click the handy-dandy next button up there (it's there, right?), but otherwise, visit my Flickr page or my Etsy shop. Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog before you go!

About a third of the credit for this template goes to Ourblogtemplates.com. The rest of that fraction goes to Tiph's incessant tinkering and exploding the CSS 'til it worked.

Back to TOP